Monday, August 3, 2009

Public Enemies and Manitowish

Yesterday morning, hubby and I went to the movies! The morning summer special. $5.50. Hubby wanted to see "Public Enemies". I find interest in the stories about the gansters and this one was with Johnny Depp! Be still my heart. I loved the movie! All perfect actors for the parts. Had to close my eyes sometimes and then, through some parts, I think I was just looking at Johnny Depp. The scenery was wonderful though, up in northern Wisconsin. The famous Dillinger shoot-out of 1934 took place at "Little Bohemia" in Manitowish Waters. I remember the beautiful drive up to the resort there. We used to vacation in Winchester, Wisconsin in the 60's and 70's and always made a point to go to Little Bohemia for a special dinner. They had very popular extra-large shrimp served with drawn butter, just like lobster. Have never had a dinner like that anywhere else since then. Wonderful memories and, wow, now Johnny Depp was right there where I stood!

1 comment:

MB said...

Oh April, I love Johnny Depp too! He's a bit of a bad boy, not really my type, but he does have such an energy, doesn't he? And that cute smile...and those eyes! I can't wait to see Public Enemy!