Monday, February 21, 2011

Something smells good!


Henri smelled Sunday dinner cooking!  It smelled so good!  It was good!  Yesterday Julie and Dan made a wonderful dinner that they learned at a Joliet Junior College cooking class. I sure meant to take a picture of dinner but was overwhelmed by the aroma, I guess, and so you just get to see Henri.  Roasted Chicken with gravy and garlic mashed potatoes.   The roasting chickens were stuffed with lemon wedges and onion quarters, and then coated with a mix of butter/olive oil, and sprinkled with thyme, Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper.  They were roasted at a high temperature of 450 degrees.  The flavorful drippings were made into the gravy with chicken stock and white wine.  While the chicken was roasting, she also put a bulb of garlic into the oven in my little garlic roaster to add to the mashed potatoes; Yukon Golds with the skins left on.  Yum!  Fresh broccolli.  She had made an angel food cake for dessert and Rich had the job of slicing the strawberries, while Julie and Danielle whipped the cream for on top.  She also brought along a taste of the flourless chocolate cake that she made earlier in the week.  Oh my gosh!

5 comments:

Elena said...

OH that face!!! And I love how you get together for family dinners. So special and sounds heavenly yummy.

Laura said...

Great picture and the dinner was smelling all the way here through the words you used...hmmm you could write for them...and really have a great menu going...

Doris said...

Oh Henri needs a taste test too! What a wonderful notion, cooking class!

Gloria said...

Sounds like a yummy dinner! I am reminded I didn't eat lunch yet now...:)

Henri is so adorable!!

Thanks for stopping by for a visit...:)

xoxo Gloria

Ann said...

ok..I'm drooling!! Smells wonderful!!!! If I look at you like Henri..can I come over for dinner!!!