Thursday, April 28, 2016

April's almost over!


Journaling class tomorrow!  April flew by and realized that I haven't posted any of my pages and it was a busy month...


Well...Spring!  Where did you go?


Decided to do a photo page to remember Danielle's trip to Arizona and other busyness with the family.

 

Sometimes just a line from a magazine says it all.


"this and that"


I do like the plain painted background  highlighting the pictures and lettering.



Special days and ...


special quotes.


And I always like to fit in some nature into.  Photos I took of our Mallard locals.  I loved the one of just his head looking...


Special memories


And here, back to painting the squares for another "look"



Tiny watercolors...and a thought.


Okay...so here I was experimenting (may as well just go ahead and experiment in my journal, right?) rolling on the background with a brayer.  At first the paint color I used was too dark and so I went over it with white creating a lot of havoc, I guess.  But it's okay!



Again background too busy but okay for posting pictures...



The one above done is a lighter color that worked well.
Below,  not so, and one of my favorite quotes so will add maybe another color outline to the letters.



My friend, Mary Beth, sent this little quote to me and I loved it!
Describes everything perfectly! 

1 comment:

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

So much talent and creativity in this post!! Now that May is almost over, it's onto the inspiration of June!!

I hope you're doing well!!