Sunday, July 26, 2020


Here's your creative prompt for the day!  I found this in a book that I have and thought it looked like fun and it teaches you about creating depth.  Using watercolors and starting with maybe #12 watercolor brush, paint light-colored ovals on a piece of watercolor paper in the colors of your choice.  I think i was thinking of zinnias and sky.  :)  Then continue with another darker shape of the same hue inside the first oval with a smaller brush, and then another shape inside that one, darker hue yet, and with a smaller brush.  When all is dry, finally make these small marks in the negative space with either a small brush and black watercolor or a brush pen.  I used a Tom Bow brush pen.

To me, it was meditative and calming.  Of course, most of you know how I love stippling. 

6 comments:

Ginny said...

Simplicity with a Punch! Love this!

april said...

I liked it! Rich says it looks like popsicles :/

Terry J said...

Looks like a fun assignment!

april said...

Thanks Terry!

Lois said...

It really does look like 3D!

april said...

It does!