Sunday, January 4, 2009

Henri's Adventure

" Where? Where am I going? Beauty Shop?"

" Back home, and you can see my eyes now."

"The lady was very nice, but she put this bandana around my neck. Ain't I cute?"

"It was okay, but I sure missed home."

"Maybe you can go next time, Timber."

"I missed you most of all."

A busy day yesterday. "Henri" did well for the first visit to the groomer. His appointment was at 9. I said "not too much", that I wanted him to still be fluffy, and so expecting a call in a couple of hours, was surprised that he wasn't ready until 1! His hair is thick, so he took longer to dry. I think he got the "spa" treatment. I was happy to see that he was fine though, wagging at her and standing very still like a little gentleman, but sure happy to see me at the end.

While we waited, we went to say "good-bye" to Brent. His winter break is over, so back to campus. A three-hour drive, he made it safely and everyone happy about that.

Then on to LaGrange Art League to do some pick-ups and drop-offs. A pleasant surprise to see some familiar faces there, busily and happily working on their art. Couldn't resist browsing in the gallery too and found a couple of tiny treasures to take home, made by "Lily" along with the beautiful prints that I purchased from "Doris".

Home to make a quick supper of quesadillas with shrimp and Chihuahua cheese. Lots of shredded lettuce, salsa, but I didn't have the peppers. Next time! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

3 comments:

Uta said...

Aw Henri does look beautiful!

butterfly woman said...

I love how they put the little scarf around the pooch to make him even prettier (whoops, I mean handsomer)! Another adventure accomplished, Henri, you look simply fabulous but Timber doesn't seem to notice the change.

Doris said...

He certainly has grown into his handsome self! Content with all the love and attention he receives.