Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Collage class today

This morning is collage class. Today and then one more class before "summer break". My piece is "coming along". It's the one that's taken from Brent's beautiful photograph from Wales. The cemetary where Dylan Thomas is buried. "Do not go gentle into that good night". I wanted some "quiet" lettering of the poem in there, so I tried a new process. I ironed my tissue paper onto a piece of freezer paper, shiny side up, and then after cutting it to the size of computer paper, I ran it through my printer, printing the poem on it. You must take care with separating the layers when done, but if you go slow and use an xacto blade to loosen where it sticks, it works fine.

2 comments:

Doris said...

Really coming along. Lots to seek deeper to see.

Uta said...

Ooh thanks for sharing that tip :)