Sunday, May 22, 2011

EEEEK!


I had just planted some baby Tiger Lily that Sue gave me and then wanted to take a walk around to see what was blooming.  Well, I had quite a surprise, so keep reading!  The Spiderwort gets fuller and bushier each year, but i love their beautiful little blossoms.  It's one of my favorites.


The Windflower gives my garden a little flair of Amsterdam.


My one Peony bush gives me lots of blooms.


Proud and tall!


...and then there's the Buttercup!


As I walked to the back of my yard, a Redwing was watching me.


I was looking at the Wild Phlox, certainly wild and pretty.


"Why are you scolding me?  I'm just looking at flowers."


I had forgotten that I planted a Columbine!  A beauty!


The Redwing was still watching me as I cleaned out the birdbath, pulled a few weeds and whisked out a few paper scraps that had blown in, along with what I thought was a round little piece of packing material or styrofoam...I tried to brush it from the rocks where it laid and eight long black legs came up from beneath around it to claim it!  EEEEK..."Sorry!"  It belonged to Mama Spider!

And the Redwing laughed!  "I told you so!"

1 comment:

Marjorie said...

Eeeeek is right! We saw an orange one yesterday under a pot we moved!