Saturday, May 21, 2011

Thursday's Art


Thursday was a nice day and art class met at Camp Palos to draw in the woods. 


Everyone picked a spot and began.


The weather was lovely and the birds were singing away.


Looking up into this big tree was so interesting.  Beautiful branches and leaves.


And it inspired Lora Lee's drawing!


Peggy chose a wonderful log nearby with interesting moss growing on it and lots of good things all around.


Dan came by and offered a ride to go and see the wild hyacinth patch.


Here are the sweet May Apple.


Joan chose them for her drawing.


And then she also had time for the lowly dandelions!


Contemplating the next move.


All were concentrating on their subject.


I just loved this big ol' tree with it's huge roots spreading out and all the little things choosing to grow there.


Little flowers just sprouting out from everywhere.


Happy little flowers!


Working mostly in pencil this time,I didn't have all my colored pencils along, so now I need to darken the bark so that the plants pop out.


Walking around, there were lots of interesting trees to see.


I have to look them up in my tree book...


and I made a quick sketch of this one at the close of our morning.


Lois' lovely drawing included one of the camp buildings.


And here is Lois, Joan, Lora Lee and Peggy ready for our ending critique.

5 comments:

Suz said...

oh my class has started all ready!
Ha!
I remember that tree...my scary tree....the one I put a face on to make it happy

april said...

No, summer art didn't start yet, Sue. We just went out for regular class this time. The outings begin June 2nd. The June newsletter should be coming out soon. I'll remind you.

Audrey said...

We missed you at The Center, I sat outside for a while to get better light on my carving.

Robin said...

I was thinking the same thing as Suz!! Thought I had missed something. I hope to be there June 2nd, wherever it is but we will see---life is very unpredictable lately!!

Marjorie said...

Wish I could have been there!!!