Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Peonies!


Oh the beautiful peonies!  But after a good rain, the big blooms are left lying on the ground, bent over, and they can't seem to recover. 


My friend, Marge, has a "flower support" and that's what I need to get for next year!  I was gone for the weekend when the rain came and when I got home, I had to scramble to save them...


and I filled three big vases with their blooms.  As I cut them, the petals were falling and flying. 


Henri says "let's just play ball!"

3 comments:

joo said...

I love them - perfect flowers!
Hugs for Henri:)

MB said...

I have a peony plant from my grandmother's house and I love watching it bloom each year! That Henri is the cutest!

MB said...

I have a peony plant from my grandmother's house. I love watching it bloom each year. That Henri is the cutest!