Monday, June 13, 2011

Some more things...


         "Nature has a beautiful habit of surprising us day by day."  Marjolein Bastin
Back to journaling every day.  Some months, I get away from it and then I feel all out-of-sorts.  I miss writing and making each day meaningful and memorable.  I'm spending time dog-sitting this week and so I have time to sit and think and write.  Yesterday morning, I heard what sounded like a loud duck.  When I looked out the back window, it was a heron, who looked like a huge dinosaur flying by with his long long neck and his long long legs, and a small little bird chasing him!  I wonder if he was trying to get something out of the little one's nest?  Do they do that?  It was a sight!


Well, then in another book, I am drawing plants.  After beginning to read a book called "A Daily Creativity Journal - 365 - Make Something Every Day And Change Your Life", I thought it sounded like such fun and was thinking how I always wanted to do some botanical drawing and could start by practicing here.  After one year, there should be improvement!


It is a very calming process for me.  Then, looking at another wonderful book "Mixed Mania", they talk about paper dolls.  Another favorite thought!  I may have to try them too!


Meanwhile, Missy scans the yard for anything moving...


this way...


and that way...

"where's that wabbit!"

1 comment:

Audrey said...

Lately I've noticed little birds chasing a hawk. The small birds get real close, like they are nipping at the hawk.