Monday, April 30, 2012

my friend...


To you, my friend

We knew we'd be friends right from the start
drawn together in a new beginning.
Like newly hatched birds learning to fly
we grew together, you and I.

Always looking ahead
for some new adventure.
Carefree and young
we thought we had forever.

But those school days flew by
those days of books and boys.
We learned; we laughed; we lived; we cried
as if we were each a part of the other.

Now comes the day when we must part
you're gone, but just for a while.
For some day ahead, I know
I'll again greet your smile.

                              april

5 comments:

Suz said...

ah April..so sorry
but yes, you will see her again
I think of Patty all the time when I pass by her block...I hope they white wine in heaven

Robin said...

What a lovely poem for your friend April!! Such a nice tribute to life-long friendship!

Elena said...

Oh how beautiful!

Laura said...

Oh April it is so honoring of you friend and friendship, thank you for sharing it with us.

Glenn Stenson said...

She touched your heart and now you have touched mine again. Very nice.