Tuesday, May 1, 2012

nature news


At the beginning of last week, I was cleaning up some more of the garden, with Julie and Danielle helping.  Of course, the Buttercup is growing strong.  But I "transferred" a lot of it to a spot that has nothing else.  It looks lovely and it can grow there all it wants.


The Wild Phlox is another one that I threw to the wind out in the back of our yard and it's doing well and I'm enjoying the color.


While I'm out in the garden looking over what's growing, Henri still insists on playing ball and pushes his ball out the fence so I have to get it for him.


And I have to tell you that one of those mornings, when Mark took Henri out into the yard (fenced in) they saw a coyote right out in back.  What had he gotten into?  Well, Mommy Dove has not been back to her nest since that day and I know she wouldn't leave her eggs if she could help it.  I am so sad.

3 comments:

Suz said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh noooooooooo

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Your flowers are lovely--But I'm sorry about the dove--Sadly as we all know, it's all part of nature and one that breaks my heart too...

Laura said...

April, For me Gardening has a very healing process.It looks as though you are working with it to.