Monday, May 21, 2012

the gift


My daughter is an occupational therapist and her students have been writing to a lady soldier this entire school year and she writes back to them.  It was decided, now that school is almost out, that the children would each design a star block to put into a wall quilt.  Yesterday Julie came over and I helped her add the navy star borders to finish the quilt top.  The children are anxious to see it! 


Now they will each sign a piece of muslin for the backing and we will quilt it and off it will go to the soldier.  I just love this thoughtful gift!  The children can not imagine how it will look, Julie says, and they will be so proud.

2 comments:

Audrey said...

The quilt is beautiful.

Suz said...

Oh APril...that girl of yours...gosh I could just adopt her.....it is gorgeous
I hope it goes to a soldier who really needs it...a comfort