Thursday, May 31, 2012

daily dilemma


Oh, these baby birds!  I'm always so worried at this time of year about all the baby birds.  Here a baby Robin left the nest too soon.  Mommy Robin keeps going to the big evergreen tree next door to feed the rest of the babies, but this little guy is on the ground and not ready to fly.  He just still keeps opening his mouth for food, and Mommy knows because she keeps bringing it.  Had to take this picture through my bedroom window, through the screen, so it's fuzzy.  The nest must have been getting too crowded; he has all his feathers, and I am sure they were all getting bigger.  Mommy is very watchful and protective, so I am hoping he will do okay.  Fly, Baby, fly!

4 comments:

nacherluver said...

Poor Baby! Sometimes it's so hard to sit back and let nature take its course. Sure hope Mama is able to take care of him until he's old enough to fly off on his own.

april said...

It is so hard. He's still there this morning. He looks big enough; maybe not strong enough. He has lots of feathers. I'll watch for Mommy.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I think I worry more about the baby birds than the parents do! I was so relieved when the three Eastern Phoebes were safely raised and left the nest--But now the Mom is back on the nest for a second round--Here we go again!

Gloria said...

awe...poor little bird! That must be hard to watch. I hope he makes it okay.

xoxo...Gloria