Tuesday, June 5, 2012

sunday

Sunday was Danielle's dance recital; her first dance recital.  In fact, it was the dance shop's first dance recital.  She is learning "hip hop".  I am not familiar with hip hop, but boy did they have fun!  And what great exercise!  I think she will have to teach grandma these moves this summer.  I had one picture that I wanted to post, but blogger is being stubborn and won't let me. 

But what I was getting at is, a question was asked of our AW group abut "daily friendly encounters" and it made me think of that day at the dance recital.  After the show, the little dancers were all receiving bouquets of flowers, etc.  One little girl, who had come to see the recital but was not a dancer, stood staring longingly at the flowers that they had for sale on the table (just in case someone had not thought of it or forgotten).  A woman, who was a complete stranger, noticed the little girl's look and immediately went and bought the a bouquet and handed it to her.  I think it made both their days...and mine, to see this little act of kindness.

1 comment:

Gloria said...

I love stories like this! :) Very sweet!

xoxo...Gloria