Monday, August 11, 2008

A day at home today, and a day to continue working on some samples for my workshop on Wednesday! Collaged boxes to hold little books or special letters.



Watched the opening ceremony of the Olympics in China, that was taped for me, last night after getting home from dinner with my old friends. Wow! Amazing! I found myself making notes, just like my mother used to do, listing all the countries, that walked in the parade of the nations, making their footprints in the paint at the end of the walk. I loved seeing all the faces, each one so different and beautiful. Smiling faces. Wishing it could always be that way. I watched until I knew I better get to sleep and so I still have one more hour to watch.

4 comments:

Doris said...

I heard it was spectacular, I was a t work without customers.

Uta said...

I loved the footprints in the paint. It was a real highlight for me.

Marjorie said...

April! I want to borrow that tape from you if I can! I had to run to the store and missed the footprints in the paint. Mandy told me I should have seent it and Mick taped what was left on the wrong station!! Did you see the story last night on the man who designed the logo!!

april said...

We have it on TiVo, Marge.