Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Afternoon fun!

Monday afternoon, a lovely lunch and a time of Dominoes with good friends. I never knew an actual game of Dominoes before until I learned from this group and we can play for hours! So much fun!

Today, on to another unfinished project. Filling stockings; a Christmas tradition for me to do for my family. Can't quit. I have been collecting a boxful of goodies, ready for the filling. No stockings bought! But...I have some great red fleece fabric and I cut a pattern out of newspaper, traced it onto the fleece and voila! Stockings! Now to sew them up with a quick zig-zag stitch that Denise introduced me to in quilting class. Delivery for New Year's. Oh well.

5 comments:

Robin said...

April, I'm so glad you're feeling better! My in-laws play dominos regularly and have taught us how and it really IS fun!! Nice to have something that all ages can enjoy together! Take care and have a Happy New Year!!!

april said...

There you are, Robin! Yes, it is a wonderful time for all ages.

Laura said...

Take a breath and rest in motion is what it sounds like your doing April. Glad to see you take a break and enjoy some fun with your friends. You do have a way of fitting it all in.
~v~Laura

butterfly woman said...

Ah, Dominos. I remember as kids stacking them up in a line so long and then knocking the first one down, then the second, etc. Little black and white dominos, yours here look gorgeous, by the way, great photo and composition I might add. Playing games with friends, isn't that what it's all about?
Bev

Doris said...

Love to play dominoes! Sometimes they are out and ready at my folks!