Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas continues...

Danielle's favorite yellow thumbprint birdie

" tweet-tweet-tweet"

Christmas is over, but not here. Today will be our Christmas dinner and last night Danielle and I began assembling this year's gingerbread house. Allowing it to dry inbetween, I wrapped and she painted at the kitchen table using her little pallette of watercolors and first time watercolor pencils. I dragged out the Thumbprint drawing book, that I was saving, and we had fun making reindeer, cats and birds. While she is still sleeping this morning and I am going to try to put some more ornaments on the tree, if Henri will behave.

The wind is blowing hard, but looks like the water that was creeping toward our backyard has gone down. The newspaper reads 61-degree temperature yesterday caused that flooding, and there is no sign of the snow and ice that covered the ground. This is crazy. A sign of the times.

No comments: