Sunday, December 14, 2008

A Birthday Party!

Rudolph and Clarice were already having a birthday toast as we arrived at Julie's today for her birthday celebration. Her birthday is tomorrow and so she invited the family for lunch today.

She made Sausage Tortellini Soup and it was perfect for this windy winter day. Yum.

I made the "birthday" cupcakes with blue frosting upon request.

Missy waited for a morsel to drop.

Abby surprisingly slept through lunch.

After lunch, Danielle helped Aunt Julie trim her tree.

Lights on! And one of Grandma's crocheted snowflakes dances with glee.

Earlier this morning at home, I got our lights out and remembered from last year, one string was half out. Luckily I plugged that one in first. Deciding I might be in for more trouble, I thought about some lights that I had bought many years ago after seeing them on a friend's tree. They are the miniature lights, amber/orange, and they glow like candlelight on the tree. I called all over and couldn't find them except for a place on the internet, so I called and ordered. Now the lighting and tree trimming will have to wait until Wednesday. Plenty to do inbetween though.

3 comments:

Laura said...

What a wonderful birthday party.

Uta said...

Can't wait to see the tree.

Doris said...

Looks like a month long celebration going on!