Friday, March 6, 2009

Feels like spring


Snowdrops! It was poetry class at The Center this morning and afterward I walked over to the art log cabin. It is a warm day, in the 60s, and in front of the log cabin I saw these little green sprouts. Snowdrops are one of the first bulbs to bloom in the spring. A sweet sign.

Poetry class is every other week and I had forgotten that this was the week. Quickly doing my homework this morning, I needed to write a poem using the word "speculate". I knew I had to write a quickie and it went like this -

"Speculation"

The day ahead, I speculate
The hours, I hope to celebrate
If moments of chaos complicate
Home, I'll head to hibernate!

No need to do that now, seeing those little snowdrops! Celebrate!

1 comment:

butterfly woman said...

Great to celebrate and not to speculate, much more affirming and positive.
Love your poem here, so light and carefree, can't wait to check the flowers at the Center. Such magic awaits there.