Thursday, March 5, 2009

Off to Anderson's!

We were so excited! Adriana was coming for a book signing at Anderson's Bookshop in Naperville. http://www.andersonsbookshop.com/

Anderson's has many wonderful authors come to their store, but this one was special. When my book club read "Big Stone Gap", Pauline had even arranged for us to speak to her on the phone. All of us! And what a delightful gal! And so, here we are waiting at the book store.

And then she arrived! What a wonderfully funny person! Quoting from her book jacket, "Adriana Trigiani is an award-wining playwright, television writer, and documentary filmaker. The author of the bestselling Big Stone Gap series and other bestselling novels. She has also written and will be directing the big-screen version of her first novel, Big Stone Gap. She wrote and produced some of television's top-rated shows, including the groundbreaking Cosby Show."

We laughed and laughed! And it was like sitting in the living room with a friend.

She told stories of growing up in a big Italian family and, although I am not Italian myself, it brought back so many memories of my growing up with my Italian girlfriends. Yes, like them taking me along to midnight mass. And I loved the ambiance of that in those days. What enjoyable stories!

Adriana talks to everyone like she has known you forever. And she is someone you won't forget.

And here we are, enjoying our turn for photographs and autographs! We truely love you, Adriana! http://www.adrianatrigiani.com/
"Laughter is an instant vacation." Milton Berle

5 comments:

Laura said...

How exicting for all of you and what a moment in your lifes. so happy!!
~v~Laura

Suz said...

Loved the pictures of us..copies please. It was a fabulous evening. I was dreaming about "plan B" and " But,where would I go"...how funny she is!

J (uk) said...

What a lovely time you all had, glad to share the fun!

april said...

Me too, Sue. And I was trying to figure out how to slip that into my captions under the pix. Love her!

Uta said...

Wow what a great and time you had