Saturday, October 1, 2011

It's October!


A morning out!  Ran out to Julie's for breakfast.  A yummy one!  Scrambled eggs, bacon and fresh apple crisp!  She had Danielle overnight and so we were going out to do some birdwatching and gather some weeds for me to paint.  They do look like a watercolor!  Four geese flew overhead and just the sound of them was perfect for the lovely fall morning.  But that was all we had for our bird count today.


I love the weeds and grasses of fall.  Pretty colors and textures!


Tried to begin to pick through some for a painting, but a nice black spider crawled out and so I think I'll leave them for tomorrow.  Maybe he'll find a new home during the night.


She also had these little Pattypan squash from her garden.  Aren't they cute?


And I still have a few zinnias bloomin'!


Stopped at Marley Candle on the way home because Julie had this Pumpkin Spice candle burning in the kitchen and it smelled so good that I had to have one!  So fall-ish!


And they had these cute little Halloween bugs that wanted to come home with me.


They moved right in, onto the Pattypans...


and green tomatoes. 

2 comments:

Suz said...

I love when you are so happy
love the bugs too

MB said...

Love those bugs!