Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Time


So...I wasn't supposed to be here this week.  We had plans to be in Door County, but hubby is having a bout with sciatica.  Well, it would not have been fun for him, so here we are.  Funny though, how the time on my blank calendar fills itself in.  Although I should have been looking at the leaves changing color in Fish Creek, Monday was Calligraphy Class and off I went. We had made these wonderful marks and scribbles on paper last week and this week cut them up to put into a book we are making.


Poetry Class came on Tuesday morning and that's always an enjoyable and inspiring time.  I seem to be having an emotional week though and could hardly get through reading my poem to Marjorie. 


Afterwards, a quick lunch at Subway and off to the movies.  I don't know anything about baseball, but "Moneyball" is what we saw and what an excellent movie!  It's the story of "Oakland A's" general manager Billy Beane's successful attempt to put together a baseball club on a budget by employing computer generated analysis to draft his players.  Brad Pitt (Billy Beane) and Jonah Hill (Peter Brand) were excellent!  And Kerris Dorsey, who played Brad Pitt's daughter won my heart.  I have the song she sang going around in my head.  It's "The Show" by Lenka. 

1 comment:

Robin said...

Oooohh!! Love all your ink markings April!! I wish Mondays weren't so filled up and I could go to Calligraphy!! And I'm dying to see Money Ball! I'm so sorry you had to cancel Door County!! I'm going to Green Bay this weekend to visit a friend. It's going to be hard to be so close and not get to DC but there just won't be time.