Monday, March 26, 2012

A day of Little Books


On Sunday, our Creative Spirits group met at The Center to make some little books.  I couldn't wait.  I had never made a Little Fat Book before.


Then, we also made a Leather Book and I used some of my paper beads on it and now need to add more.


Back to the Fat Book, I had used some of my own watercolor (copied) for the cover and felt it was too light, too late as I had already attached it, and so when I got home I toned it down with some tissue so it would match some of the ribbon I used. 


It has lot of pages (12 signatures) and so I felt it could handle lots of adornment.


So I began adding beads...


and beads and more beads.  Now I don't know if I want to cut the strings or maybe just trim them; I kind of like them.  ???

It was a fun-filled day!  We also made an "envelope book" which I have to decorate before I show you.  Thanks to Joyce, Mary and Sandy for the wonderful instruction!

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Wow! You added a lot of beads! It turned out beautifully. Mine is still in the car.

april said...

I couldn't stop!

Gloria said...

Wow, beautiful! Wonderful job at book-making! :)

Happy Thursday to you!
xoxo...Gloria