Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Continuing on...


Tomorrow is my collage class and I was very inspired to finish my pieces before then.  I enjoy working from poetry and the thoughts it brings.  But, working along with some disappointments and dilemma, I still have some work ahead of me.  It seems I ordered the wrong medium this time and it seems to be turning my whites to pink!  It must have been by mistake, I ordered something called "Open Acrylic Matte Medium" instead of just "Matte Medium".


I wonder if the snow loves
the trees and fields,
that it kisses them so gently?
Lewis Carroll


I just couldn't quite finish this one and then I decided on something which I don't usually do in a finished piece.  Text.  Ransom note text.  I knew this bird was looking up at something and there it is!


The earth has music for those who listen.
George Santayana


And I always tell my students "not to fall in love with their background"...but I did.  I'm leaving most of it to show through.

Adopt the pace of nature,
her secret is patience.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments: