Thursday, April 29, 2010

Love those sheep!

Leaving art class at The Center today, it was a joy to see the sheep again nearby. Tomorrow in poetry class, we are talking about imagery and how a good image can put the reader right into the scene, making him see, hear, smell, taste or touch what's there. "Although sight may be the main sense invoked by an image, all the senses can take part." (from "Creating Poetry" by John Drury) Thinking about images I saw today and jotting down sensory details, these are a couple of my thoughts for my homework .

The warm wooly sheep grazed
among the fluffy white seed heads
while the field napped.

The afternoon wind
released music
from the waiting wind chimes
and the trees danced.

2 comments:

Wilma Seville said...

Hello,

I am dropping in via Mr. Burgess' blogspot. I also write poetry here in Canada as well as short stories and newspaper articles.

I encourage you to continue with your art and poetry. I wish you all the best!

Doris said...

I miss my sheep! What lovely inspiration!