Friday, April 9, 2010

A new day

Feeling restored today, so went to poetry class at St. Xavier's this morning. I really like it. Yesterday though, I slept and read the entire day. Here's my blankie and my book. Several years ago, when I was in a class in Door County and hubby had some time to kill, he went to a book signing at the "Peninsula Bookman" in Fish Creek www.peninsulabookman.com . He bought the book, got it signed for me, read it, loved it, and has been after me ever since to read it. It's a mystery called "Destroying Angels" by Gail Lukasik. This is the book I chose to start yesterday and, inbetween napping, I couldn't put it down. I'm about half way done. It takes place in Door County and even though names and places are used fictitiously, I recognize them. My mother and I began going to Door County in 1960 and continued to go for a few years before I got married, and so I know all the good ol' spots. Hadn't been there is years, until hubby and I started going back in the 90's. Now I need to check out the author's website to see what else she's been up to! www.gaillukasik.com

2 comments:

Ann said...

so glad you are feeling better! i'll have to check this book out.

Suz said...

Oh Door County...I miss you