Thursday, April 22, 2010

Painting class today

Isn't it funny? I decided to do one of those waxed paper papers this morning before I went to art class. It looks like a abstract of what was to come.

Lois had brought a lovely bunch of lilacs to paint. I loved the blossoms and also tried to concentrate on the stems and glass container they were in.

Watercolors ready, I had in my mind something that Uta told us. Remember to use black when painting glass.

Just a start...but here goes. And soon it will be "summer plein air art" sessions. I need to get ready!

3 comments:

Doris said...

I can just smell those lilacs now! Beautiful!

butterfly woman said...

Looking good with the glass vace, a challenge for sure!Great you are pushing yourself. Can't wait to see how this turns out! The watercolor looks so floaty and dreamy. Wow!

Richardson said...

Hi April,
Your watercolour composition of the lilac in vase is beautiful. I love painting in all the different mediums; come have a visit to my site sometime.
Bye,
Richardson.