Saturday, January 15, 2011

Ending the week

It was Thursday's art class and I decided I wanted to paint, so here is the sketch that I started to prepare for the painting.  I know you can't see it very well, but now I feel committed to go on with it.

 And back to Wednesday afternoon in quilting class, we will be doing a birdhouse wall hanging and I will get the fabric for that this week, but I wanted to do this "string quilt" square that I had started.  I got the idea from http://www.cottagegardenquilter.blogspot.com/  who is participating in the "2011 Rainbow Scrap Challenge" with  http://www.superscrappy.blogspot.com/  .  I decided I am just going to go along with them to try this out.  Maybe participate next time.  But what fun!  A different color theme for each month.  January is Blue.
 So anyway, I have made four string quilt squares and now am deciding how to put them together.

 Which way do I like best?

 Maybe this one?

 And I also received some more exciting mail!  Look at this pretty envelope from Marge D. 


 What a neat idea, recycling colorful travel papers!

All folded up into a mailing envelope.  This is the back.  Another treasure!

2 comments:

Laura said...

busy little beaver you!!

Doris said...

I'm enjoying the project views!