Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Mail...I've got mail!

 An absolutely beautiful envelope came in the mail.  Lisa Holtzman sent me one of her lovely little accordian books.  The whole package is a treasure.  The envelope and the wonderful little book.  You can look at her superb art and calligraphy at  http://www.lisaholtzmancalligraphy.blogspot.com/ and
http://www.lisaholtzman.blogspot.com/  . 

 The book was tied so pretty that I didn't want to open it, but I knew there was a message inside and, of course, that is what a book is for...to open...

"It is through creating, not possessing, that life is revealed."  Vida Scudder
I love this little book, I'm honored to receive it, and I will find a special place to showcase it. 

 I love mail!  Brings to mind a television program that was on, years ago when I was young, and the song they would sing at one segment about getting mail and and then opening letters or questions from viewers.  A memory that's in the back of my mind somewhere.  This is an adorable artsy envelope that I received from my friend, Carolyn.  I love the little house!

 And these little snow people.  Are they waiting by their mailbox?

 This one says "me too"!
 And now it's time to put away all the lovely Christmas cards that I received this year. 

 There's lots of other pretty cards, but these are mostly the "handmade" ones.

I am determined to start putting them all in a book.  Books!  I have saved all of these little pieces of art for as many years as I have been receiving them.  They're priceless!

2 comments:

Lisa Holtzman said...

Thank you April for your kind words about the little book - enjoy. I love Carolyn's envelope too!

Doris said...

Lovely book! Great words of wisdom.