Sunday, January 2, 2011

"You only live once - but if you work it right, once is enough."  Joe E. Lewis

That's another beautiful quote today coming out of Simple Abundance.  Sarah says "How often in the past have you turned away from all that is unresolved in your heart because you feared questioning?"
"Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves."  Rainer Maria Rilke

"The answers will come, but only after you know which ones are worth asking.  Wait.  Live your questions.  Then ask.  Become open to the changes that the answers will inevitably bring. This may take some time, but time is the New Year's bountiful blessing:  three hundred sixty-five bright mornings and starlit evenings; fifty-two promising weeks; twelve transformative months full of beautiful possibilities; and four splendid seasons.  A simply abundant year to be savored."  from Simple Abundance:  January 2nd

Some days readings are so meaningful that I must share them with you. They make me cry. And I'm doing this too, probably because I want to share them with my children, who most often are too busy with life to read the book.  But this book has the answers to life, so I'm driven to filter the thoughts to them somehow. 

.....On the other hand, my Christmas tree is still up.  Hubby is getting restless.  But I never take my tree down until the weekend after New Year's.  After Three Kings Day.  12 days after Christmas.  The last day of the Christmas season.  The end of the 12 days of Christmas.  I don't know why I remember that from when I was young.  But now I think it seems to happen because I never get my tree up as early as I would like to and if I took it down right after Christmas, it would hardly have been up!.....and I love my tree.....


O Tannenbaum...(sigh)

5 comments:

Robin said...

I know what you mean about Simple Abundance April!! I should dig it out to read again this year! And I always intend to go to the group at the Center and I always forget! Your tree is beautiful!! I always leave my Christmas stuff up longer than "normal" because I love it so much!!!

Audrey said...

If hubby wants to take down a tree, have him come over here, he can do mine.

Martina said...

Simple Abundance is just what i need right now! Have a happy and wonderful new year!

Doris said...

I might have to pull out my copy of Simple Abundance! Beautiful tree... I keep mine up to and the house lights for twelve days even if needles are dropping...

C.L. Smith said...

Oh, April, you're a woman after my own heart, for my tree, too, is still fully ablaze in my living room (and no apologies for it!). I read Simple Abundance after one of my sisters gave it to me years ago. Thank you for reminding me to pick it up again.

What a lovely, wistful post...