Saturday, April 9, 2011

Happy Birthday, Dan!


This is Dan's birthday weekend and it was a happy celebration!


Everyone was in Julie's kitchen helping.  Dan was the official ingredient chopper.  Julie and Danielle made the crust and sauce.  And I grated the cheese.  "Grandpa", Mark, and Rob looked on to make sure we were doing it right.  This one was the birthday boy's request.  Pineapple and Canadian Bacon and it was a perfect complement to the bubbling cheese!


And, of course, a sausage one!


And this one we found to be most delicious...fresh mushrooms and sweet red peppers!


Missy is a good girl and patiently waits for a little reward at the end of dinner. 

I had made the birthday cake.  "Mom's Devil's Food Cake" with Chocolate Frosting that you make in the double boiler.  My mother-in-law used to make this for many birthdays and I have made it before but not for a long time.  Too many things swirling my mind and I knew I had done something wrong.  The cake was edible, but I knew I must have forgotten something.  The cake was not right!  Got home and reread the recipe and sure enough!  Forgot the last step of adding 1 teaspoon baking soda in 3/4 c. hot water to the batter.  It made a difference, but good thing we were all full on pizza, and a little bit of cake slid down!

3 comments:

Suz said...

no way that happened to you!
pro that you are!
Happy birthday Dan
my where did the years go
wasn't it just yesterday
he had homework to get done
Blessings to you and yours April

Ann said...

A very Happy Natal Anniversary to Dan!! the pizza looks so yummy!!

april said...

Yep it did, Suz. tsk-tsk and yes...where did the years go?

I love pizza, Ann. and yes, it sure was yummy!

Thank you gals!