Friday, September 23, 2011

the Bookmark factory


Tonight is my club gathering.  My club friends of 55 years.  We used to have club at each other's houses and the last few years we have been going out to dinner.  Sometimes we have a little treat for each; maybe something seasonal or such.  I decided to make these little bookmarks for them; the ones that have an envelope made from a empty toilet paper roll.  Then I collaged on them.  I copied my watercolor of leaves on my printer and used that for the background.  Very Fall -ish. 


This is the back of the "envelope".  The bird on the front is from a napkin and the bird's feet are a favorite rubber stamp of mine.


And here is the bookmark that goes inside the envelope.    Front...


and Back.  The music is some that my grandmother had that was handwritten.


And here is how it fits inside.  A little gift of Autumn.  I hope they like them.  It took me all day.

7 comments:

Robin said...

Those are so beautiful!! I swear you get more done than anyone I know!!!

Audrey said...

I'm sure they will love them. Very cute and seasonal.

MB said...

April, those are gorgeous! Your friends will cherish them. I agree with Robin, you are uber productive!I wish I had your energy and focus.

Ann said...

omg..wish i were part of your group!!! beautiful bookmarks April!! and, i love how you used your watercolor leaves to make them...more of "you" with them!!!

Jan Maree said...

what gorgeous idea! Just lovely!

Jan said...

These are lovely, I would certainly cherish one if I had one. I know how much work goes into something like this and you didn't scrimp one bit! The musical notes are sure a special touch, being as they came from your grandma. Well done!

Elena said...

OH MY GOODNESS! These are truly beautiful. Toilet paper rolls? Amazing. And I do love all the personal touches, the little birdie feet across the piece, and your leaves just beautiful. You so rock!