Friday, February 24, 2012

Lots to do!


So today I finally brought all my bins and boxes of valentine supplies downstairs till next year.  Boxes and bins...


and boxes and bins...


and bins and boxes. 

And then I wanted to work on the little books that I started and couldn't find them!  I thought "oh no" did I pack them away with the valentines?  Or did I whisk them away with some pile when I was moving papers all around?


Finally I found them!  So here is a little book that I want to make more of. 


I haven't decided what I want to write on the pages.  It's only 1-1/4" x 1-7/8".


And this is the one we are making in Marge's calligraphy class.  It's bigger and I have decided to letter a poem in it by Mary Oliver.


A poem that speaks of water and oak leaves.


So, first I'm putting in some papers that we created in class.


The ripples and waves on the cover and in these designs reminds me of water.



and then I hope I can use some of my watercolor leaves.  It's a book to me...

"So come to the pond,
or the river of your imagination,
or the harbor of your longing,

and put your lips to the world.
And live
your life."

1 comment:

Laura said...

Love it April...the small little images on the page before the writing of the poem...less is more concept it looks like to me and it looks like it will go together beautifully.