Sunday, February 12, 2012

Valentine Party!


Valentines were made and ready!  Yesterday was my Valentine Party and thank goodness the snowstorm was not as bad as expected and everyone got here safe and sound.


Twenty-plus ladies arrived with their valentines to exchange, and their enthusiam to make more!


Lunch first (and I forgot to take pictures).  We had a Baked Potato Bar!  Toppings of Cheesy Broccolli, Chicken a la King, Chili, cheddar, colby, avocado slices, chopped tomato, chopped green onion, chopped green pepper, fresh mushrooms, black olives, spanish olives, sour cream, whipped butter and fresh limes to squeeze on.  Julie made dessert, as you see above.  Shortbread Hearts and Raspberry Swirl Mini Cheesecakes!  Yum!...and so pretty!


Angel's Valentines!  Beautiful Cookie Pops that she baked and decorated. 


A beautiful treat!


Then the paper began flying and we had an afternoon of making more valentines and creating fancy papers.


Lots of lively conversation going on...


and lots of laughs.  A warm remedy for a cold snowy day!


 Ooops.  picture sideways...but even Henri' got into the fun!


Pretty valentine flowers!


And wanted to show you the pretty banners that I bought from Creative Carmelina .  This one spells out WINTER



And this pretty snowflake one says SNOW.


Flowers reminding us of Spring...


...amid the SNOW.


And then everyone went home with their bagful of valentines.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh what a blast of fun! I love it all...and am so happy you liked the banners! They look great in your lovely home!!

Thanks for sharing...it's so nice to see my creations being enjoyed! You made my day.

Ciao Bella

Creative Carmelina

Jan said...

Glad the ladies were all able to make it because it looks like it was a wonderful fun day, full of delicious foods, wonderful creativeness and plenty of laughs! Beautiful foods/sweets! I love the banners you showed, especially the winter one. I am usually all color all the time but that pure white banner is really gorgeous. Love your new (first time I noticed it anyway)header.

Robin said...

Looks like a wonderful day! But then it always is! Next year I will be there for sure!! Thanks to your hubby for delivering my Valentines April! Yours is so sweet. They ALL are quite beautiful!

Laura said...

every year you do this and it always amazes me...you something else April..