Saturday, December 8, 2012

The Christmas Retreat


The first weekend in December is always the Christmas Retreat at The Center and we always begin by making ornaments to trim the tree in the fireside room.


I found this idea online and thought they were so pretty.  They're fast and easy and suddenly the tree was trimmed.  After supper, we had an evening of fun and crafts which I will show you later.


Morning came with a yummy breakfast and it was off to the woods to gather sticks, dried weeds and pine cones to make winter swags and bouquets.


The gathering.


Stopping for a picture, here is Julie, Diane (Jeanine's mom) and Julie's friend,  Jeanine.


Angel and Julie and their treasures.


Back to the Log Cabin to sort and paint and glitter...


and assemble our holiday masterpieces.

Next, more about our Christmas crafts...

2 comments:

Laura said...

Big smiles for you all...

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I love the ornaments! I wish I could give you all the pine cones I have in my yard right now that were blown from our pine trees during the hurricane--They're going to waste...