Thursday, April 23, 2009

"Paper Towel" paper

This is one of the things we did in my class yesterday. Having mixed three different acrylic washes, I took a two-ply paper towel and folding it in different directions, dipped it repeatedly in the cups of colored wash, "tye-dye" style. Separate the two layers and hang to dry.
When dry, lay on freezer paper, shiny side up, and coat with matte medium. Dry again. It will peel off of the freezer paper easily. As you can see above, when placed on top of an image, you get a nice translucent effect.

4 comments:

Doris said...

You ladies and your amazing techniques!

butterfly woman said...

Denise was showing me her paper towel creation yesterday. Did take me back to the 60's and hippie tie die days. Cool technique and playful too.

Ann said...

thanks for sharing this...I must go try it now..I love this!!

Uta said...

Oo thanks for the tip. That's one to try.