Saturday, April 25, 2009

Treasure hunt!

I knew there was a rummage sale at a local church this morning and so I got myself out the door early to go. Here are my finds!

This clear glass plate has evergreen trees etched on it and will be pretty to bring cookies to the Christmas Retreat at The Center. Then there is sheet music to use for collage. "Camp of the Gypsies" and "Scarf Dance". And then a "thing" that is a good find to take apart for the "tin dolls" we are going to make next month with the "Creative Spirits".

A pretty little sugar bowl made in Tunstall England, a necklace to take apart and use for the "tin dolls", and a lovely old cup from Germany. And fabric to use as my lining for a bag that I am making in quilting class.

I could not resist this little guy. He is movable, with pieces to use with the "tin dolls", but I don't know if I can bear to take him apart. All in all, a grand total of $4.75!

6 comments:

Ann said...

OMG..you really hit the jackpot!!
love it all.

Suz said...

don't kill the guy

purplehatartist said...

Love the wire thingies--they'll be great for the tin ladies! I'm with Suz--save the guy. He's unique.

april said...

I know. I think it was the way he looked at me when I first met him.

Suz said...

ha ha ha April it's so you
love at first sight
thanks for granted a pardon

Doris said...

Wonderful treasures! I'm tempted to shop! Fortunately it's not in my schedule right now!