Thursday, September 17, 2009

I have always been in love with the violin, ever since I was introduced to it in grammar school, resisted practicing as many youngsters do, and it was put on the wayside. Now, when I hear the music of the strings, it brings tears to my eyes. The other evening when it was getting late and I was getting sleepy, waiting to take the dogs out for the last time, and with lack of anything better to do, I turned on the television and on channel 11 there was a wonderfully handsome young violinist in concert. His name is David Garrett. The concert was "Live in Berlin". He plays everything from Mozart to Metallica. Wunderbar!

3 comments:

Robin said...

I love violin music too April!! Everything from classical to bluegrass music!! It really stirs up the emotions for some reason!!

Elena said...

Violin's have a beautiful soulful 'voice'. No wonder it makes you teary.

Doris said...

I'll have to check out PBS and catch that!