Monday, November 1, 2010

Trick-Or-Treat


The trick-or-treating escapade was almost done there when I arrived at Julie's last  night. 
Her jack o-lantern greeted me.  There was also a pretty fancy black cat slithering around the house!  They had fun and even went into a haunted house on Julie's block.  That family has been doing it for years and they said it was so cool!  We ended our Halloween evening with homemade chili  topped with cheddar and sour cream.  yum.  And because Julie and Rob had been to the Mexican market the day before, she made something that they were making there and passing out to the customers - fried baby corn tortillas with a wedge of that wonderful cheese that crumbles (queso fresco) inside and a dollop of guacamole on top.  Oh my gosh!  So good.  And I forgot to take a picture! 
So now, November is here...

3 comments:

Doris said...

Great shot of the jack-o-lantern!

joo said...

I love this jack-o-lanter!
We don't have this tradition here, but I really do like it:)

Gloria said...

Those baby fried corn tortillas sound heavenly! I love Mexican food,,,and anything with avocado is always better...:)