Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Tuesday's fun with art

 Danielle and I had seen this idea at The Center where the Children's Art Class there had done some for one week's lesson.  They were so pretty and sparkly, we couldn't wait to try!  First we found some wonderful magazine pictures of yummy food.  Cut them out and then I traced them on cardstock, cut and glued the two  together for a heavier support for the glitter.  Then Danielle painted glue on each color part separately and gayly sprinkled her choice of glitter on.  Tap off the excess and let dry.

They had them hanging on a little tree at The Center's art show, so we decided to put cord or ribbon on them too for Daddy's Christmas tree. 

"They sure look good enough to eat!"  says Henri!

4 comments:

Elena said...

What a great idea! I love the closeness you two share.

Laura said...

So cute...and wonderful nose shot..

Doris said...

Hmmm. I keep moving some glitter around...

Ann said...

April, looks like you and Danielle had another wonderful,love and fun filled day! These are so cute. Think I'll do something like this with my grandkids...OMG..glitter everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Happy Thanksgiving!!! Ann