Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sunday's sky


A beautiful boastful sky this morning.  Amazing clouds.  Always, when i see one smaller white one, I think of Johnnie Ray singing "The Little White Cloud That Cried".  Do you remember that song?  Do you remember Johnnie Ray?  I can just hear his voice...

"...When all at once I saw in the sky
The little white cloud that cried...


He told me he was very lonesome
And no one cared if he lived or died
And said sometimes the thunder and lightning
Made all little clouds hide...


He said 'Have faith in all kinds of weather
For the sun will always shine
Do your best and always remember
The dark clouds pass with time'...


He asked if I'd tell all my world
Just how hard those little clouds try
That's how I know I'll always remember
The little white cloud that sat right down and cried."

4 comments:

MB said...

April I am not familiar with that song but reading the lyrics and looking at your beautiful photos made me cry this morning. In the last two weeks, four of my friends have lost their dogs. Also, one friend has a husband fighting brain cancer, another lost her mom, another has a sister fighting lung cancer. Heart breaking for all. I need a walk in the woods to heal.

april said...

I am so sorry to hear all the sad news, Mary Beth. Yes, turn to nature. Seems sometimes it's that way; so many things at once. This truly was a beautiful song and it would always make me teary. My mother loved Johnnie Ray. (you're too young to remember him)

Audrey said...

I loved Johnnie Ray, but I guess never paid a whole lot of attention to the lyrics. What was the other song that he made popular back then?

april said...

It was "Cry", Audrey.

"If you sweetheart sends a letter of good-bye
It's no secret you'll feel better if you cry...

Remember?