Saturday, August 13, 2011

Thursday's Summer Art


This past week, we met in Lora Lee's beautiful garden to draw and paint.


A warm day, but there was a nice breeze, and it was so peaceful.


I think this looks like a "Renoir" gathering of the Impressionists!


and the bunnies watched...


and posed.


The Black-eyed Susans were glorious and my eye went to this sweet bouquet that Lora Lee had placed on this little table.


"Gather a bouquet of sunshine..."  Marjolein Bastin


I chose them to paint and here is my start.  See that nice little patch of dark green, above the second flower on the right?  Now that is what I have to go for to complete my background and then my flowers will pop out.  My lesson for the day!


From my viewpoint, there was continuous grass and flowers behind this arrangement, so I needed to change my view, move over and get a view of a darker background.  I took pictures and now to work on it!


Here we are gathered for our critique, listening to our faithful leader, Lois.


That's "Auggie Doggie" sticking his tongue out at me.  Just kidding - he is a little sweetheart!


Tish's beautiful little watercolor.  I love the reflection in the windowpanes.



We pass each piece of artwork around to get a closer look.



Denise working hard to finish her drawing while still out among the inspiration.


Isn't this little wire birdcage the cutest?


 Lunch was lovely!


A very nice day.

3 comments:

joo said...

Seems it was really lovely and interesting day! I love your post April:)
Have a great weekend!

Audrey said...

You sure had a great day. I sat on the deck carving and loved every minute of it.

jot30 said...

april this post was fantastic. i need elizabeth to come to your class. just amazing. thanks for sharing.