Thursday, September 4, 2008

A new season

It's fun! It's exciting! It's a job! Besides teaching my class on Wednesdays at The Center, I am now the children's art teacher for kids grades 4-8 on Saturday mornings there. Back to the "drawing board" finding ideas and making lesson plans. I just want them to have fun and like me. I want them to go home happy with what they've done.


And it's raining today! I love this all time of year. The air is cool and I see some leaves starting to change.


"The breezes taste
Of apple peel.
The air is full
Of smells to feel-
Ripe fruit, old footballs,
Burning brush,
New books, erasers,
Chalk, and such.
The bee, the hive,
Well-honeyed hum,
And Mother cuts
Chrysanthemums.
Like plates washed clean
With suds, the days
Are polished with
A morning haze."


John Updike, September

2 comments:

Doris said...

That is wonderful news and what fun! Just today I confirmed an after school drawing class, so I'll be taking off work early on Wednesday's to teach for Young Rembrandts. I won't get to make my own lesson plans, but still get to open little minds to new possibilities!

april said...

Great news for you, Doris!