Thursday, October 7, 2010

A peek into our trip

 Many of the trees were dressed in their autumn colors for us.  Beautiful!

 Some just beginning to change.  Like drops of paint splattered from the sky.  Beautiful!

 I got busy with my sketchbook right away.

 My book of memories.

Always, my favorite view of Ephraim.

 The mornings were cool, bright and wonderful.

 Glorious days.  A visit to a park where we had never been before. 

 The sunflowers are beautiful against the blue sky, at every stage of their life.

 More treasures to draw.

 That's how I spent my afternoons.

 And, of course, the fabulous sunsets.

And a surprise!  When i opened my suitcase, "Henri" had exchanged a pair of my socks with his ball to be sure we would think of each other while I was gone.  Oh Henri!  And now I will "go" again.  Tomorrow, my daughter and I look forward to a wonderful visit with my cousin and her husband in Maryland.  And more pictures of this beautiful season!

8 comments:

Doris said...

Beautiful and breathtaking!

J (uk) said...

Stunning photos April and your sensitive, drawings are beautiful. Love that sunset. Glad you had such a happy and productive time!

joo said...

Stunning photos and I love your drawings!
Have a nice trip:)

I Love Pretty Little Things said...

Everything is so Pretty and Peaceful! Your talent is amazing!!!
Happy Friday Pretties and have a wonderful weekend.
Love, Joyce

Vintage Home said...

....your drawings are wonderful!

Martina said...

Autumn at it's best - so beautiful, these pix!

GardenOfDaisies said...

April your colored sketches are absolutely beautiful!!! I am your newest follower!

Gloria said...

Very lovely sketches and photos! You are very gifted! I am glad you had such a wonderful trip...:)