Saturday, January 12, 2013

Fun with acrylics




During the month of December, an online acrylics class was offered.  I knew the instructor, was lucky enough to have taken classes from her at one time, know she is a wonderful teacher and if it wasn't for her, I wouldn't have considered it during the holidays.  www.jacquelinesullivan.com . Since I have never really "painted" in that medium...could not pass up the chance to go ahead and take it, even though it was "dizzy december!"  Above is the grouping of my Honey Crisp apples that I decided to paint as they have such beautiful colors.



Above is one of the first homework assignments with kind of watercolor style washes and a little collage.  Now remember...first attempt at acrylics.


Next, a value painting of the same apples.


Then, painting more opaque.


And...abstract.  New to me and a push!  Enjoyed every bit of it; so happy I did it.

5 comments:

Robin said...

Very nice April! Who was the teacher?

april said...

Oh my goodness! Sure do have to give her credit; will add that in...Jacqueline Sullivan

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Love the loose technique used; the apples just glow!
My acrylic painting isn't real *painting*~~more of building texture, etc.
I really need to try something like this....hmmmmm.....
Very nice work.

XXOO~~
Anne

Laura said...

How fun April..you sure do have many great gifts.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I'm envious of your talent and admire your always trying something new!