Friday, January 11, 2013

Thinking back...


The holidays over, I'm thinking back to some of the memories of the season.  Times to remember.  Julie and I always have a "Christmas breakfast" with two  dear friends, Linda and Jan.  I was in charge of the fruit plate...


Linda made a yummy apple cake with "real" cinnamon whipped cream on top.  Jan made a "comfort food" rice pudding with whole cinnamon sticks in it, enhancing the flavor.  Julie made a fabulous mushroom, fontina and thyme frittata and wonderful French breakfast muffins!


They have a lovely flavor, kind of like a freshly baked donut.


We always enjoy this special holiday time together.  We have our little feast and then it's on to a little craft...


Julie loved the little bird gift tags that I made this year, so I brought my supplies and showed them this little collage project.


Missy got into the picture too, as she just wanted to stretch out on the paper.


"Ho-hum".....it's just kind of silky to lay on.


They loved these little bird tags and all decided to hang them on their trees.

1 comment:

nacherluver said...

What an absolutely wonderful tradition! I would be remembering back on that one too if I had it! Good food, good friends and art making! Lovely.