Sunday, January 13, 2013

Fun with magazines


Thought I'd show you a fun little exercise that I am doing with my "new" Monday collage class.  As you can see, in the little pile above, I've torn out a bunch of images and words that spoke to me while looking through my magazines.


Then I arranged the chosen ones on a piece of watercolor paper (10x7) in this little winter scene.  I love the words from The Nutcracker, "A great whirl of snowflakes and wintry wind blew open the carved doors..." . I found this twirling little princess of a girl, the lions roaring the wind through, the blowing fabric, the dazzling snowflake, the wintery background house, and added the white bird for balance and thought they expressed what I wanted to say.  It's a fun thing to do!

1 comment:

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

It is a fun and creative thing to do, it turned out great and the quote is perfect too!