Monday, July 20, 2009

Itsy Bitsy Spider

The itsy bitsy spider went up the water spout.
Down came the rain, and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun, and dried up all the rain
And the itsy bitsy spider climbed up the spout again.

I always think of this old English nursery rhyme, describing the adventures of a spider, when I see one. Yesterday, this sweet "daddy long-legs" was climbing up the blinds on my back door. Daddy Long-legs always bring me back to my childhood, to the days when we drove out to the cemetary to water the plants on the graves of loved ones. I can remember going with my mom, my uncle and my grandfather. They would always bring new flowers to plant and there were always daddy long-legs to be seen. My mom always said they were nice little spiders and we never bothered them. Just watched them crawl along with their long long legs.

1 comment:

Doris said...

And I thought itsy bisty spiders were the ones sky diving in front of my computer! I have a houseful of dandy long legs... they especially like the shower.