Thursday, July 2, 2009

My Classes

Jacqueline Sullivan's classes of "Wet and Wild" and "Glorious Papers" were nothing short of glorious! Demonstrating every technique and filling us with information, resulted in much note-taking.

Then back to our tables to play on our papers!

And experiment with techniques.

Jacqueline's critiques were most helpful.

And among my finished pieces, this one, which started out to be my most unfavorite, ended up to be my favorite. A splash of denim Rit Dye became an explosion and I thought "Oh no!" Adding some white and turning it sideways, made it appear like a stormy reflection to me. I decided to letter a quote that I had brought with me, as it seemed to fit.
"The sharper the storm, the sooner it's over." old english saying

After painting, a little sand was strewn on this one. All my quotes dealt with nature, and I chose this one for this piece.
"Accuse not nature, she hath done her part, do thou but thine. John Milton

The patina papers we made are amazing. There's copper blue, copper green, steel, bronze, wrought iron, and pewter.

And there was embellishing with gold!

And molding paste!

And paste papers!



We then put them all into a book. It was all wonderful fun!

3 comments:

Suz said...

To quote Shirley Temple;"Oh,my goodness,Oh my goodness!"
Wow

Laura said...

Ok April when you get you homestead bearing back in order you will have to send the direction to the patina papers. I'm liking that effect. And thank you again for the bear birthday card I just love it, and for sharing all this from you conference.
~v~Laura

purplehatartist said...

These are just awesome! Love the storm piece. I had a class with her once at Artful Gatherings and loved her approach. I bet you're all geared up and inspired now!